As you know, building a brand doesn’t happen overnight. Some of the things you can do to build it is to have a brand mission statement, to target a niche audience, to develop a brand voice, and to have a brand message.
Developing a brand mission statement will help you focus like a laser (if you will forgive the overused analogy) on what it is you are trying to do with your business. One sentence is all it takes. You will be surprised at how empowering it is to put this idea into writing. Here are 3 things you should be doing on social media to take it up a notch:
- Do have an entirely active presence on whatever social platforms you do choose to maintain and use. If you do not maintain an active account, you will start to lose tons of followers or worse: you will not gain any new followers a.k.a. Potential customers!
- Do make relationships on social media. Twitter and Instagram are some of the best places to make relationships with other brands and users no matter what industry you are in. You can often find great connections on both platforms and cultivate new business you never expected!
- Do regularly interact with your own audience. Your social following looks to you as a thought leader and it never hurts to show appreciation for their engagement and interaction on your business’s content. Spread the love!
Finally, what is your brand message? Who are you, what do you offer and why should people care? Your brand is defined by a customer’s overall perception of your business. Along with the obvious things such as packaging, sales and customer service, your website, online advertising, content marketing, and social media is critical to building your brand. Here are 3 things to not do on social:
- Don’t write in all caps in your social captions. While you may think you are entertaining your audience and piquing their interest through “tonality” and “emphasis” it just does not come across this way. Keep it calm, cool, and collected yet straightforward.
- Don’t abuse hashtags. Hashtags serve as a great “tool” for us to reach more users relative to our niche and interested in the content we are posting. Hashtags are not meant to be used to spam users, spam platforms, etc. Be strategic with them!
- Don’t automate your DM’s. Please save us all from that automated message in our Instagram DM that dare I say states, “Hey! (insert name here)” 🤦🏻♀️We have all been there once or twice, and it just is not a good look for your brand to utilize this method in case of error and looking “spammy” to people the automation is sending the message to. Keep it manual and devote 30 minutes- 1 hour a day to this! You will be surprised at the boost in engagement you will see.
We’ve done our homework so you don’t have to—we have the know-how and experience to help you accomplish the goal of developing a sustainable, quality brand that strongly projects your brand’s voice and reaches your brand’s target audience. Reach out for that extra help you need in your business.